Under the Bus - NaPoWriMo day 17

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Prompt:  Write a poem that presents a scene from an unusual point of view. Perhaps you could write a poem that presents Sir Isaac Newton’s discovery from the perspective of the apple. Or the shootout at the OK Corral from the viewpoint of a passing vulture. Or maybe it could be something as everyday as a rainstorm, as experienced by a raindrop.

Under the Bus

(With thanks to Clark Brown for the idea...)

Here I lie. 
The pavement is cold
Thick dark oil drips on my shin
Leaking from somewhere important
I would guess,
Not actually knowing anything
About engines.
Or chassis.
Someone, it seems
Had to 
Stomp down the aisle
As they searched out a seat.

Here I lie.
Through no fault of my own,
I don't think,
Not actually knowing anything
About scandal.
Or rumors.
Yet thick accusations dripped on my head.
Someone, it seemed,
Had to take the blame.
Be stomped on.
Lose their seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright