Good Will at the Goodwill - NaPoWriMo Day 7

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Prompt:  Gifts and Joy

Good Will at the Goodwill

Forty-one thousand four hundred forty.
Sometimes I add up all the stitches
Of a project
I have knitted.

One hundred and twenty-seven.
Times I remembered to jot
Down the details of
Something I knitted.

Over one hundred and twenty seven.
Times I gave away - to
A friend or someone I'll never know
At a hospital or
At the border - something
I have knitted. 

Once.
I found a scarf
I had knitted
In a bin
At the Goodwill and
I remembered the yarn -
Expensive,
Silk and alpaca
Running through my fingers
Onto the needles.

One hundred percent
Sure I didn't run that scarf through
The washer
And
The dryer
Before wrapping it in tissue and
Slipping it into a gift bag.

Fifty cents
Later
A matted scarf
On my worktable.

One hundred twenty-eight:
"A set of four felted coasters
Cut from a Goodwill scarf,
Buttonhole embroidery around
The edges."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright